was successfully added to your cart.

Board Minutes February 12, 2004

By February 12, 2004 Board Meeting Minutes No Comments

Present:

Tim Baker, President; Allan Brockway, treasurer; Peggy Spoor, secretary; directors Richard Lane, John Owen, Joe Pugliano, Tim Clemmons, Marie Stirling and Diane Drutowski

Tim Baker brought the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

Minutes of the previous meeting – the Board had elected officers and set a meeting date for the first Board meeting. The minutes were accepted as posted on the DNA web site.

Treasurer’s Report – 2004 Budget The DNA proposed 2004 budget was presented by Allan Brockway. The Board agreed to add a ?fundraisingÓ category to both the expense and income lines. Richard Lane agreed to investigate the possibility of working a First Night with the Optimist Club in order to raise additional income for DNA. We deferred any further budget discussion until the end of the meeting.

Application for Neighborhood Grant – applications for matching City grant funds of up to $25K is due 9/3/04. Marie Stirling will head the committee to make grant application recommendations to the Board.

Newsletter

Distribution – currently we do a newsletter twice a year to the DNA membership and twice a year to the general residency in Downtown for a total of 4 mailings a year. We need a Distribution committee chair for focus and coordination.

Advertising – cost to advertise in the DNA newsletter is $180.00. We need an Advertising committee chair for focus and coordination.

Website – discussed using our DNA website to link to various St. Petersburg websites as well as a cross-referenced map. Allan will investigate design and implementation. We need a Web Site committee chair for focus and coordination.

Membership – need committee chair for focus and coordination

Social – need Social committee chair for focus and coordination. It was noted Individual Board Members can volunteer for individual activities, i.e. First Night Shuffleboard Tournament, etc. Website – discussed using our DNA website to link to various St. Petersburg websites as well as a cross-referenced map. Allan will investigate design and implementation. We need a Web Site committee chair for focus and coordination.

Membership – need committee chair for focus and coordination

Social – need Social committee chair for focus and coordination. It was noted Individual Board Members can volunteer for individual activities, i.e. First Night Shuffleboard Tournament, etc.

Courtyard Tour – the Courtyard Tour Committee (Tim Clemmons, Tim Baker, Sydni Shollenberger and Peggy Spoor) are proposing October 16 for the second annual walk. Planned tour stops are; Charles Court, American Stage, YMCA, The Madison, The St. Pete Times and concluding with a wine and cheese party at the Beacon. Cost would be $20.00 per person. The recommended beneficiary would be the American Stage; specifically their scholarship fund for summer camp for disadvantaged kids. Peggy Spoor made a motion for DNA to support the 2004 Courtyard Tour as proposed. Diane Drutowski seconded the motion and it was passed unanimously.

VP for DNA? – the Board decided we did not need a VP at this point in time.

Neighborhood Property Violations – the Board discussed the poor state of the property owned by Mr. Grady Pridgeon, specifically the property on 2nd Street North and 3rd Avenue North as well as the church property further west. A motion was made to appoint Peggy Spoor to investigate code violations and what the DNA can do to influence Mr. Pridgeon to clean up these properties to make them safe and presentable to our neighborhood. Diane Drutowski made a motion for the DNA to appoint Peggy Spoor our official representative to work with our neighbors and City Hall. Joe Pugliano seconded the motion and it was passed unanimously.

Incorporation for our new DNA – Andrew Scherman is investigating if we can transfer our legal status from the North Downtown Neighborhood Association to the Downtown Neighborhood Association. Awaiting status from Andrew.

2004 Budget – John Owen made a motion to approve the 2004 Budget as amended. Richard Lane seconded it and the motion was passed.

Adjourn – Meeting was adjourned at 8:35 p.m.

Our next meeting is Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. at the Atlanta Bread Company.

Submitted by Peggy Spoor, Secretary

Budget 2004

INCOME

Member Dues

$1,200

Advertising

$1,700

Donations

 $200

Fundraising Income

$1,000

TOTAL

$4,100

EXPENSE

Newsletter

$2,250

Membership

 $250

Social

 $400

Contributions

 $300

Administration

 $400

Fundraising Expense

 $500

TOTAL

$4,100

Leave a Reply