was successfully added to your cart.

Atlanta Bread Company

Present: Tim Baker, President; Peggy Spoor, Secretary; Allan Brockway, treasurer; Dick Freeburg, John Harte, Joe Pugliano, Tim Clemmons, Andrew Scherman, Diane Drutowski and Marie Stirling

Tim Baker called the meeting to order at 6:40 p.m.

Minutes from previous meeting – Andrew Scherman moved that we accept the minutes from the previous meeting as posted on the DNA web site. Dick Freeburg seconded the motion. The motion was passed unanimously.

Guests – there were no guests present

Treasurer’s report – Allan Brockway presented the Treasurer’s report. He noted that we now have 137 members.

Correspondence – Diane Drutowski moved that the DNA write a letter to City Council to support the increased funding for the Florida Orchestra. John Harte seconded the motion. A discussion ensued. A vote was taken and the motion passed unanimously. Dick Freeburg will draft the letter for Tim Baker’s signature.

Committee Reports

Planning

Williams Park Task Force – Tim Clemmons reported that the DNA will be represented on this task force. The first meeting will be held in June. Andrew Scherman moved that we authorized our President, Tim Baker, or his designated alternate, to service on the Williams Park Task Force. Tim Clemmons seconded the motion. A discussion ensued. A vote was taken and the motion passed unanimously.

Zoning Code Rewrite – Tim Clemmons is participating on this committee. There have two meetings to date. The focus has been on the all of the new building taking place downtown. Discussions are progressing in the following areas; height restrictions; density, i.e. how large can the buildings be; use, i.e. residential vs commercial; and bonuses, i.e. what qualifies as a meaningful tradeoff.

Transportation

Rapid Bus is proposed for Central Avenue

Homeless Task Force – Diane Drutkowski provided an update. The focus is on the need for more education on the rights of both the homeless and the non-homeless. Tim Baker will follow-up with Suzie Ajoc to see what we need to do to create a neighborhood task force.

Membership – we now have 137 members

Social – Peggy Spoor reported that we have the 2005 Courtyard Tour committee in place. The date will be October 29, 2005. The next committee meeting will be held May 17th. The Board has approved Resurrection House as the beneficiary of this years Tour.

Communications – nothing to report

New Business

Future Meeting Location – our next meeting will be at the UPS Store on June 9 at 7 p.m.

July meeting ideas – this will be a general meeting. We need to focus on topics and guest speakers.

Tree planting program – the City has announced that every Neighborhood Association will be eligible to have 10 trees planted in a location of their choice. Diane Drutkowski will head the team to decide where the DNA would like our 10 trees. We agreed that we will solicit feedback from the DNA general membership with a recommendation that we stay within the limits of public parks and medians.

Dick Freeburg suggested that we write a letter to Don Shea of the Downtown Partnership proposing that the Looper Bus run from downtown to Tropicana Field on game nights. Dick Freeburg will draft a letter for Tim BakerÕs signature.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m.

Submitted by,

Peggy Spoor

Secretary

Leave a Reply