Present: Tim Baker, President; Peggy Spoor, Secretary; Tim Clemmons, Diane Drutowski and Andrew Scherman.
Note: – We did not have a quorum so we were not able to conduct official business. The meeting was brought to order by Tim Baker, President, at 7:10 p.m.
Minutes – Minutes from the previous meeting were made available to each member
Guests – there were no guests
Treasurer’s Report – none as the Treasurer is on vacation
Correspondence – none
• Election Committee needed – Tim Baker will send an e-mail reviewing the rules for Board elections.
• Planning – no report
• Transportation – Multi modal transportation center report. Tim Baker reported on status of the highspeed transit center.
• Homeless Task Force – the Salvation Army is opening a new resource center on 4th Avenue South
• Membership – none
• Fall Courtyard Tour Oct 16 – plans are moving along very well. We need to start focusing on selling tickets.
• Communications – Diane is coordinating our major newsletter due to be distributed the end of September. Plans are to get together at the Atlanta Bread Company on Tuesday, September 28 at 7 p.m. to get the mailing prepared to go. Please show up to help!!
• October 14 Meeting Report – We will have a 6:30 p.m. DNA Board Meeting prior to our 7 p.m. General/Open Meeting on October 14 at the Sunshine Center. The following people are planning to attend our Open meeting: Deputy Major, Rick Mussett, will speak on the master plan for the South side area we are concerned about (between 2nd and 5th Avenue South and the waterfront) as well as discuss the 5 referendums coming to vote in November. He will also have a Q&A period. Dave Metz, Director Waterfront Facilitys, and Hank Hines, Executive Director of the Dali, will also attend.
• Albert Whitted Airport – Peggy Spoor presented an update from the Albert Whited Blue Ribbon Task Force regarding the geographic area the DNA is concerned about (see above). Their recommendations appear to be in keeping with our concerns and should have been presented to City Council as these minutes are being written. The Blue Ribbon Task Force would be happy to address the DNA if we would like.
The meeting adjourned at 8 p.m.