Meeting was called to order by Gary Grooms, President, at 7:02 PM.
Present were approximately 54 people, including board directors Paul Carder, Gina Driscoll, Mark Ferrulo, Gary Grooms, Dan Harvey, John Mason, Robin O’Dell, Joe Pugliano, Terry Rimer, Al Scafati, Marshall Seiden, and George Saltsman.
1. A motion was made to approve the December minutes, was seconded, and approved.
2. An announcement was made that the treasurer’s report was available on the DNA website.
3. A reminder was made that DNA memberships are renewed calendar-yearly and that a table is set up in the lobby for renewals, as well as upcoming events.
4. Elections for the 2015 DNA Board of Directors transpired. New candidates Carol Hess and Jessie Landis were given time to introduce themselves. Present Directors Paul Carder, Gina Driscoll, Mark Ferrulo, Gary Grooms, Dan Harvey, John Mason, Robin O’Dell, Joe Pugliano, Terry Rimer, Al Scafati, Marshall Seiden, and George Saltsman were also presented for election. With Dan Saginario in absentia. A motion was made to elect all 15 with a single vote, was seconded, and passed.
5. Gina shared information on the next Urban Porch Party, which will take place at downtown market “Locale,” on January 26th at 6PM. Tickets are $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Also the upcoming DNA Sunshine Awards to take place at the St. Pete Yacht Club on Feb. 24th at 6 pm. Tickets are $25, and voting to begin after the debut of the new website.
6. Jessica Bellman of WebFuz presented on the newly created website, expected to be launched on Monday, Jan. 12.
7. Brian Van Slyke of the Kolter Group made a presentation about the new development being planned for the “Tropicana Block,” to be called “ONE.” Construction of the 41 floor, 253 unit condo building is due to break ground on March 16, and should take approximately 30 months, with the 13 story hotel portion starting at a later date. He stated that pile driving should not be necessary for this site.
8. Raul Quintana from the City of St. Petersburg gave an update on the Pier design process. City Counsel representative, Karl Nurse, offered insight on budgetary constraints.
9. Karl Nurse also reported on noise issues and road blockage for downtown construction projects, as well as the new Police Headquarters project, and the Rays baseball agreements with the City.
10. A meeting of the Board of Directors of St. Pete DNA was announced directly following the General Meeting to vote on officers.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 8:16 PM.
A Directors meeting immediately followed the general meeting. A motion was made to elect Al Scafati as President, Joe Pugliano as Treasurer, and Robin O’Dell as Secretary. This was seconded and passed. The meeting adjourned at 8:22 PM.
These minutes were recorded by Robin O’Dell, Secretary, January 11, 2015.